Friday, November 28, 2008

Oral cancer. My personal journey

It is the second day after chemo. I feel like all I really want to do is lay down someplace. I slept twelve hours last night. All of that time was broken up in forty five minute increments by a dry mouth and throat. From 9:00 until 11:00 I was in my bed, but the rest of my night was spent in my recliner upstairs. I sleep better there because I can breathe through my nose better while sitting more upright. This helps keep moisture in my mouth a little longer. Right now, the dryness is the worst part.
We have been working to find the best method to tape the feeding tube to my chest and found that a pretzel design seems to work best. We aren’t using the tube yet, and won’t use it unless I get to a place where there is no other option. It is tempting though. I wouldn’t have to eat all of that noxious food. Breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs, half and half, ham, cheese and protein powder run through the blender. After a couple of tastes I put in a good bit of honey also. YUMMY! I must eat several times a day just because I can’t choke down enough of that foul tasting stuff at one sitting.
On the good side my spirits are pretty good. My throat is not bothering me which is very good and when the three or four days after chemo are gone I expect to be back on top again. In the mean time I just have to suck it up and take advantage of the Nap All You Want Program offered at this spa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home