Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oral cancer. My personal journey

I had my radiation treatment at 9:45. And then had my 2nd round of chemo from 11:00 until 4:00. It was a long, boring day! One of the nurses in the chemo room had asked me last time if I had any music preferences and I told her that I liked classical music and especially liked adagio. She had an I-pod loaded and waiting for me when I arrived. All of the people who work in radiation and chemo are very compassionate, caring folks. I got hugs from the radiation ladies. I still feel fine and will still feel pretty good tomorrow. The two days after that will be lay around and sleep days. I don’t get nausea. I just get wiped out. They pump lots of anti-nausea medicine through the IV and I have anti-nausea pills to take for the next 3 days also.
Several community churches sponser a big Thanksgiving dinner for anyone who wishes to come. It is held in our church hall because our hall is larger than the others. I volunteer to wash dishes each year. I am going to try to do that again in the morning. Everything will depend on how I feel when I get up.
The massage therapist reminded me of something yesterday. She said that it is my body that sick. It is not me, the person who lives inside this body that is sick. I thought about that a lot today.
One day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home