Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oral cancer. My personal journey

We had a busy day today. I had my radiation at 9:45, and then an appointment at 1:30 with the ENT doctor to see if anything could be done with the fluid build up in my ears. He wrote yet another prescription( I picked up 3 more today) and while I was there he hauled enough wax out of my ears to build a bee hive. But the best part of the day was at 3:30 when I had a full body massage at the cancer center in Newport News. I can have one of these a month free while undergoing treatment. WOW! I had never had a massage by a professional. It was fantastic! They almost had to pour me into the car afterwards.
Tomorrow is my 16th round of radiation, again at 9:45 and then my 2nd round of chemo which will take the rest of the day. I am not looking forward to it, but hopefully it won’t hit me any harder than the 1st round which simply knocked me down for about 4 days. There was no nausea simply exhaustion.
I am still trying to live one day at a time. I have been told by other folks who have gone through treatment that it will get rough but that it will be just a blip on the radar shortly. That BLIP Can’t come soon enough for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home